The role is suitable for candidates with industry experience in Back End Software development using TypeScript. Candidates need to have a positive can-do attitude and a strong drive to develop class-leading technology. The focus for this role will be Developing and implementing the back end of the platform for new and existing features.
Duties will include
- Working on an exciting project with a modern tech stack using JS frameworks
- Optimising applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Expanding GraphQL schema
- Reviewing platform insight data from X-ray to optimise the code
- Working closely with developers on the front end
- Breaking down development milestone tasks into smaller estimated deliverables
- Carrying out code reviews on front end work to ensure quality, consistency, and knowledge sharing
- Updating tasks with status and progress
- Other ad hoc tasks as delegated
- Chief Product and Technology Officer
- Full-stack Developer
Chief Product and Technology Officer
We are a young growing organisation offering ample opportunities to make a mark. We are seeking individuals who share our values and commitment to quality and success. Candidates’ qualities are expected to include:
- Enthusiasm for software development
- A passion for problem solving
- Self-disciplined, well organised, and highly motivated with the ability to work collaboratively in a (virtual) team environment with multiple colleagues and clients
- Ability to present themselves professionally, project confidence and credibility
- Solution seeking, with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to listen and talk about software development with non-technical people.
- Experience developing with TypeScript
- Experience with AWS Serverless Web applications
- Experience developing with NodeJS
- Experience with Lambda functions
- Experience Developing and maintaining back-end services.
- Experience with JIRA
- Experience using source control – GitHub
- Experience with Amplify framework
- Experience with CDK
- Back End Performance testing
- Experience in AWS specifically
- API gateway
- Intermediate level of Vue.js
- Experience using GraphQL
- Experience with unit and/or integration testing software
And on a personal level
- You need to be a self-starter as work is done remotely and virtually
- You are motivated to work independently and fit well in a young and growing organisation; and
- You are confident and enthusiastic, able to inspire others and enjoy working hard to have a positive impact and make a real difference at the highest level in an organisation.
Remote, beneficial if within commuting distance of London
Hours of work
Full-time 9:00am – 5:30pm
Depending on qualifications and experience.
Twenty-five days per year (plus Bank Holidays) rising by one day for each full year of service to a maximum of 30 days per year.
- To be considered, all applications should be submitted by email to email@example.com and must include the following as attachments:
formal application letter (maximum two pages of A4 at a Font size no less than 10pt) summarising your reasons for applying for, and suitability for, the post
- CV and