The role is suitable for candidates with 5-8 years’ full-time relevant experience gained in a large organisation (preferably a Company Secretariat, a Law firm or Management Consultancy) or a successful governance start-up.
Candidates need to have a positive can-do attitude, a strong drive to succeed in a challenging Post-Pandemic economy, experience and/or a clear interest in business development, governance and board effectiveness. The focus will be on:
- Developing and enhancing relationships with new and existing clients and partners
- Supporting and managing the delivery of board evaluation and board development programmes
- Creating content that supports the thought leader position of Better Boards
Responsibilities and compensation are determined by satisfying and exceeding the expectations of Better Boards clients and their contribution to the development of Better Boards.
Duties may include
- Business development;
- Designing and delivering board evaluation and board development programmes,
- Data analysis (qualitative as well as quantitative);
- Creating reports;
- Drafting compelling PowerPoint presentations;
- Undertaking research and creating thought leadership related to governance issues and board effectiveness;
- Developing working processes and organisational structures within a growing organisation.
- Marketing Manager;
- Clients; and
- Prospective clients
- Business partners.
We are seeking individuals who share our values and commitment to quality and success. Candidates should be detail-oriented, highly motivated and be creative and critical thinkers. We are a young growing organisation offering ample opportunities to make a mark.
Candidates need to have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be highly computer literate, with experience in data collection, PowerPoint design and analysis.
Candidates are expected to be self-disciplined, well-organised and to be able to present themselves in a manner appropriate for the level of clients Better Boards is serving.
A personal interest in, and commitment to, governance issues and board effectiveness is expected.
- Experience in working in Professional Services (Law Firm, Search/Leadership Firm or Management Consultancy) or a Company Secretariat or fast-growing SAAS business;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent all-round IT skills;
- Proven organisational skills, working in a calm, logical way to achieve tasks within set deadlines;
- Excellent skills in data collection, management and analysis;
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with multiple colleagues, peers, and external clients; and
- A methodical and rigorous approach with a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to think creatively and independently and to take initiative to solve problems.
And on a personal level
- You need to be a self-starter as a considerable amount of work is done remotely and virtually.
- You are motivated to work independently and fit well in a start-up environment where nothing is perfect and needs to be created; and
- You are confident and enthusiastic, able to inspire others and enjoy working hard to have a positive impact and make a real difference at the highest level in an organisation.
Commuter distance to London.
Hours of work
Full-time and part-time.
Depending on qualifications and experience.
Transparent bonus scheme.
Twenty-five days per year (plus Bank Holidays) rising by one day for each full year of service to a maximum of 30 days per year.
To be considered, all applications should be submitted by email to email@example.com and must include the following as attachments:
- Formal application letter (maximum two pages of A4 at a Font size no less than 10pt) summarising your reasons for applying for, and suitability for, the post.
- CV and