What is in it for you?
The distinctive Better Boards approach provides benefits for individual members of the board/Executive Committee, the organisation, and investors.
Benefits for individual participants
Better Boards gives individuals insights into their performance on the board/Executive Committee and help them to become more impactful:
- You understand what you can do to become more impactful in the boardroom/Executive Committee.
- You will strengthen your position on the board and within the organisation, by both understanding how others see you in your role and by being pointed to the levers that matter.
- You will learn how to align your perception about yourself with the perception of others.
- You will gain a better understanding of your strengths and weaknesses and how these relate to your work on the board and in leadership committees.
- You will learn how to accelerate your personal development at the top of an organisation in a goal-oriented manner.
Benefits for the Organisation
Organisations also enjoy a myriad of benefits by working with us because Better Boards:
- Provides better understanding of the levers executive, governing and supervisory boards and their leadership teams can pull to become more effective.
- Shows whether boards/leadership committees have the right combination of talents, expertise, and personalities, what characteristics any new members should bring to the table.
- Displays the strengths of boards and leadership committees.
- Establishes a feedback culture within the leadership committees, based on which leadership committees and their members can work together constructively, develop continuously and create superior value.
- Helps to establish more effective work processes at top decision-making levels within organisations.
- Reduces the risk of losing top-talent and expertise undermining value creation.
- Reduces dependence on external consultants, because stronger boards and committees can resolve their own issues.
Benefits for Private Equity Investors
The Better Boards partners have a wide range of experience in the private equity sector and benefited from working closely with Operating Partners of leading private equity firms.
By working with Better Boards, private equity companies:
- Set themselves apart from their competitors and fill claims of being true partners of management of their portfolio companies with life.
- Improve their position vis-à-vis their investors (Limited Partners).
- Strengthen their position for the next fundraising event.
- Reduce risk.
- Can pay back loans acquired for transactions faster due to faster yield generation.
Better Boards offers specialised training for investment managers. The training units provide the necessary expertise required for managing executive boards and management teams more effectively, improving performance and implementing the value creation plan quickly, sustainably and seamlessly.